By Pastor Shane Robinson
(Holly: Shane is a pastor in Titusville, FL. You can find his YouTube channel can be found by clicking here (if you’d like to view some more of his teachings), or he can be found on FaceBook.)
But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. 1 Thessalonians 2:4
Didn’t Jesus say that there is only one way to be saved?
Yes, He did. He won’t change His mind. The only way to heaven, is by believing in Jesus Christ to take you to heaven. It’s that easy. Jesus is God and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Jesus did this for us in His love. So believing in Jesus to take you to heaven, is the only way to heaven. We can’t add works to that. (1 Cor 15:3-4; John 15:13; Acts 16:31; Eph 2:8-9)
If you are offended by someone naming names, then you might want to stop reading right now. Understand, however, that the Bible actually does name names (1 Timothy 1:20, 3 John 1:9, 2 Timothy 4:14, there are many more), so, it is Biblical to do so.
I am watching, almost daily, the number of people presenting themselves as evangelical speakers, that are singing praises about the pope. It’s unreal. I cannot hold back any more. Something must be said.
The Catholic organization, led by the pope, believes that you can’t get into heaven by simply believing in Jesus Christ. The Catholic organization requires works. Yet the Bible says the Gospel that saves, is without works (Romans 4:5), meaning, you can’t get into heaven if you are adding works. But Catholicism rejects this, and openly says that you must do works, to be saved. And they also say that you will most assuredly spend some time in the fake “purgatory” (that doesn’t exist), to wash away sins, thus denying the sufficient and finished sacrifice of Jesus Christ for our sins on the cross (Heb 10:10, 14). The Catholic organization also says that you can be saved by being a good enough person, no matter what you believe.
This is no small issue. It is the biggest issue in the entire world. This is the difference between eternity in heaven, and eternity in torment in the lake of fire. Really, it is the most important issue in the life of every person. And the teaching of Catholicism leads to the lake of fire.
So why the big push to join up with Catholicism? Here is a list of people that present themselves as pastors, or leaders, or speakers, that have met with the pope personally and have openly said that Catholicism is acceptable:
- Joel Osteen, (Your Best Life Now speaker)
- Rick Warren (Purpose Driven Life), he also has twice written forwards for books that intend to lead people specifically to Catholicism
- Billy Graham and Franklin Graham (Billy Graham Association)
- Brian Houston/Carl Lenz (Hillsong Music, Hillsong Church)
- Bill Johnson/Kris Vallotton (Jesus Culture Music, Bethel Church)
- Kenneth Copeland (word of faith false teacher)
- James Robison (ecumenical false teacher)
- Mike Bickle (NAR false teacher)
- Ronnie Floyd (President of the Southern Baptist Convention)
- All major leaders of TBN
These are just a few. There’s tons more. Are all of these people telling us that they don’t actually believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ? I don’t know what else to make of it. How else should I respond? Because, if they do indeed believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then they can’t later say that Catholicism also teaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Since, the two contradict completely, as far as heaven and hell contradict.
Then there are other preachers out there that also repeatedly tell us that we should believe that Catholicism is okay. Here are some of those people:
- Beth Moore, author and speaker
- Ravi Zacharias, author and speaker
- Greg Laurie, Harvest Chapel preacher
- Joyce Meyer, word of faith false teacher
- Pat Robertson, televangelist
- Norman Geisler, author and speaker
- Walid Shoebat, author and speaker
Again, these are just a few. Like the other list, there’s tons more. You could fill several volumes of books with people that present themselves as evangelical speakers but have no issue with Catholicism, and in most cases, join up with it.
Is this post hateful? Not if you believe the Bible. If you believe the Bible, then you know it is loving to tell the truth and expose those that seek harm to your soul.
There are many ways to find out if someone is a false teacher. This is one of those ways. If they refuse to identify Catholicism as a false gospel that cannot save, then they are a false teacher.
If we waffle on this issue just to have “unity”, then we have lost the mission of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is to preach the true Gospel to all the world, where all souls are facing eternity.
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
More info on some of these ‘preachers’:
- Walid Shoebat has many articles supporting Catholicism.
- Norman Geisler wrote a book about how evangelicals should reconsider their antagonism against Catholicism.
- Rick Warren wrote the forwards for two Catholic books.
- Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, James Robison, and Kenneth Copeland being in the Vatican was international news via Google.
- Beth Moore “prophesied” that God told her to bring unity with Catholics, protestants, and every denomination. There are many YouTube videos to watch her say it.
- Greg Laurie joined and emailed advertised participation in Azusa Now, which had a Catholic priest on the stage as they all applauded the union.
- Ravi Zacharias was point blank asked about Catholicism, and stated that the basics of the Gospel are in it, and he also supports Henri Nouwen, a universalist Catholic.
- Brian Houston (Hillsong) met with the pope and called him a wonderful representative of Jesus Christ.
- Bill Johnson’s group (Bethel, Redding)F did the same just the other day. All available on those two sites, on the ministry sites of each of these people, and in some cases, in international news via Google.
- Billy Graham, (as many know), has done it for years. Many YouTube videos show Graham stating that the pope was the world’s greatest evangelist.
- Franklin Graham shared the stage twice with Catholic priests, and said that his father’s decision to join up with Catholic priests was the best decision he ever made.
Disclaimer: Some of Shane’s sources: Pulpit and Pen, Church Watch Central, and links from them on their sidebars. Those sites are usually Calvinistic (unfortunately), but reliable in showing the pictures and verifiable quotes on each of these individuals.
In addition, with some of them, just go to their website and you can search yourself for these quotes.