Eternal Security is the Gospel.
ETERNAL LIFE IS GOD’S UNCONDITIONAL PROMISE. HE SWORE BY HIMSELF AND THERE IS NO GREATER.
ARE YOU POSSIBLY CALLING HIM A LIAR? (1 John 5:9-13)
TO ALL WHO BELIEVE YOU CAN LOSE YOUR SALVATION
I am one who previously qualifies as one who may not have believed the simple gospel, that eternal life IS the free gift. In life, we get confused by those who preach things we must DO in order to be saved, or to prove we are saved.
I do want you all to understand, I am a believer in what some identify as Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS). Even so, I most definitely am not a Calvinist, nor an Arminian (as my statement of Faith says).
I want you to be clearly informed on my stand. God is not the god of TULIP (Calvinist), DAISY (Arminian), nor of ROSES (middle knowledge or Molinism. GOD is not, “He loves me, He loves me not, He loves me, He loves me not”. There is no plucking of petals with our God to figure out if we are His beloved or not. There is no ‘middle knowledge’ between error that suddenly between two wrongs makes it right and suddenly becomes truth. God does not work that way. His way is truth, His Word is truth, we do not need men systemizing what they believe to be true and teaching us instead tradition of men (leaven). We who are His, have the Holy Spirit and HE is able to teach and guide us into all truth with His Word.
Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He has promised us—ETERNAL LIFE.
These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1 John 2:24-27
We all know those who say they believe and may behave just abominably, or maybe not as well as we would wish (including ourselves). That is not to encourage licentiousness, it is just a fact we see in His Word.
Here is a list of some of those bad things believers can do.
Tom Stegall mentions this in his book, “Must Faith Endure for Salvation to be sure“. (Please look up each one of these Scriptures – prove all things and hold fast to that which is good – 1 Thess 5:21)
“The Bible actually teaches that it is possible for one who is eternally saved by God’s grace to:
1) Commit idolatry and apostasy (1 Kgs. 11:1-10)
2) Believe only for a while (Luke 8:13)
3) Not continue in the Word of Christ (Jn. 8:31)
4) Not abide in Christ (John 15:1-8)
5) Become disqualified in the race of the Christian life (1 Cor. 9:24-27)
6) Resist God’s chastening and correcting to the point of physical death (1 Cor. 11:30-32)
7) Stray from the faith (1 Timothy 1:5-6)
8) Shipwreck faith (1 Timothy 1:18-20)
9) Fall away from the faith (1 Timothy 4:1-3)
10) Deny the faith (1 Timothy 5:8)
11) Cast off initial faith and follow Satan (1 Timothy 5:12-15)
12) Stray from the faith by loving money (1 Timothy 6:9-10)
13) Stray from the faith by professing false doctrine (1 Timothy 6:20-21)
14) Deny Christ and be faithless (2 Timothy 2:11-13)
15) Have faith overthrown (2 Timothy 2:14-18)
We need to cooperate to both abide in the vine AND abide in His Word, in order to be effective and to grow as students/disciples. Don’t let the words of men (who use excellency of speech and wisdom of their own words to seduce you regarding the gospel) to abide in you (1 Cor 2:1-5). Don’t bear long with them, because they WILL corrupt your minds from the simplicity that is in Christ (2 Cor 11:3-4).
Jesus loves the bride He gave Himself for, in spite of themselves. In our eyes, we think God is a respecter of persons based on how good they are (He is not!). We cannot finish in the flesh, that which He began in the Spirit(Gal 3). We do need to submit to God so that we are not being resisted (1 Pet 5:5-7). We need His Word to give us wisdom, which points out our weaknesses that we can confess them to Him (agree with or ‘see’ our sins we may not have previously recognized). Keeping short accounts with Him will keep us in good fellowship with Him and other believers, and will also help our joy will remain full (1 John 1-2:2). This reminds us of the advocate we have with the Father, and also reminds us of His death not only for us, but of the whole world.
God the Father loves the world, but the moment they die having rejected His Son, then they will face the Judgment — His Wrath and eternal damnation. God takes no pleasure in even the death of the wicked.
I do NOT believe the Bible in any way teaches that your salvation can be lost… If you teach others otherwise, knowingly or otherwise, sadly you preach another gospel that will not save and that you are following after doctrines of men instead of the truth of God’s Word.
Please, for your sake, and your loved ones — prayerfully consider the Scriptures against what you have been taught (Acts 17:11). See if those few verses that seem to suggest losing eternal life really mean that. Gather up the Scriptures and determine to study with His approval in mind asking questions, and looking in context.
Below is a short list of what we CAN lose or suffer by allowing sin to reign in our lives. (There is much more)
- Loss of Fellowship with God (1 John 1:3, 6,9)
- Loss of Fellowship with others (1 John 1:3, 7)
- Loss of Fullness of joy in our walk (1 John 1:4)
- Loss of Rewards at the judgment seat of Christ (1 Cor 3:10-16)
- Bring judgment upon ourselves in this lifetime (1 Cor 11:29)
- Loss of our physical life (1 Cor 5:5; Acts 5:1-11, 1 Cor 11:30)
- Loss of our health, be weak or sickly (1 Cor 11:30)
- Loss of our testimony or justification before men (James 2, Titus 3:8)
- We can shame the name of Christ for sins named among us (Eph 5:3).
- Face chastening (1 Cor 11:32; Heb 12:5-6)
- Face consequences for our actions (Gal 6:7-9)
- Others face things because of us, including loss of knowing Christ. (Gal 6:9)
- We can stray from the truth, and be dishonorable – (2 Tim 2:18-20)
- Being ashamed at His appearing – (1 John 2:28)
- We can lose the joy of our salvation (Ps 51:12)
- We can cause others to stumble (1 John 2:10)
- We may not walk freely in this lifetime (Jn 8:31-32) because of lack of knowledge.
- Loss of growth in Christ (practical sanctification – Jn 17:17; Eph 5:25-26; Ps 119:9)
- Saved from deception (1 Tim 4:16; Eph 4:11-16)
- Loss of edifying others in the body (Eph 4:11-16).
- Loss of assurance or security in His love for us (we become fearful – Heb 10:26-27).
- Fall from grace (Gal 5:4)
- Loss of spiritual growth (Eph 4:13-15).
- Suffer from lack of discernment (Heb 5:12-14).
- Can be deceived by another gospel (2 Cor 11:3-4).
- Shame in not showing our Savior love by our unworthy walk (Eph 4:11; John 14:15).
Come, let’s reason together…
DO YOU BELIEVE GOD’S TESTIMONY OR NOT?
Will God take away something that is ETERNAL? Do we have Eternal Security or not? Or is it a temporal gift of ETERNAL LIFE? What kind of sense does that make? It is the age-old lie of the enemy, ‘Did God really say that‘ (Gen 3:1)?
CAN IT BE UNDONE?
Is it Finished or not?
- CAN WE BE UN-GIFTED THE FREE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE? Rom 6:23; Eph 2:8-9
- CAN WE BECOME UN-RECONCILED? 2 Cor 5:18-20; Col 2:14-17
- CAN WE BE UN-BORN AGAIN? Jn 3:3,6; 1 Pet 1:23
- UN-BEGAT BY HIS WORD? James 1:18; 1 Pet 1:23
- UN-SAVED ONCE WE ARE SAVED? * Saved to the uttermost: Heb 7:25
- UN-MEMBERS OF THE BODY? 1 Cor 12:20-25
- UN-FINISHED BY THE AUTHOR OF OUR FAITH? Heb 12:2
- CAN WE BE UN-COMPLETED? Col 2:10; Heb 13:21
- UN-CONFIRMED BLAMELESS TO THE END? 1 Cor 1:8
- MADE UN-NECESSARY? 1 Cor 12:20-22
- HOW CAN WE BE MADE UN-RIGHTEOUS, WHEN CHRIST IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS? Rom 10:4, Rom 3:22; Rom 5:19; 2 Cor 5:21;
- UN-GIFTED TO JESUS? We are given to the Son as a gift. And if you believe again after losing your salvation, is that the same thing as being RE-GIFTED to the Son? John 6:39-40; John 10:29; John 17:11, 24
- HOW DO YOU BECOME UN-SONS OF GOD? Jn 1:12-13 Those of us who were born again of His will, think on this for a moment — God who foreknows all things decided to make us His Son knowing we would lose our sonship? I don’t believe so…
- ARE WE MADE UN-ALIVE? Eph 2:1; 1 Pet 3:18
- HOW DO WE BECOME UN-ESTABLISHED or UN-GUARANTEED? We lose that too? 2 Corinthians 1:21-22, Eph 1:13
- UN-HEALED BY HIS STRIPES? 1 Pet 2:24
- BECOME UN-INHERITED? Acts 20:32; Eph 1:14 (Yes, I know the word is disinherited 🙂 This is play on words regarding being UNDONE.
- SO DOES THAT UN-DEFILED INHERITANCE SOMEHOW BECOME DEFILED AGAIN? 1 Pet 1:4; Heb 9:15
- UNFORGIVEN? (Isn’t that a movie?) Will He UNFORGIVE you in the reverse of ALL OF YOUR SINS? Col 2:13; Titus 2:14; Heb 10:10, 14
- UN-TRANSLATED FROM THE KINGDOM OF HIS DEAR SON? Col 1:13
- UN-ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED? Eph 1:6
The God of the Bible who HATES divorce, will divorce the Bride He loved and gave Himself for? At what point?
Does the blood of Christ somehow get made UNclean because we were washed in it? So once again, do we then become UNsaved? Eph 1:7
- ARE WE MADE UN-NIGH BY HIS BLOOD? Eph 2:13
- IS OUR CONSCIENCE UN-PURGED?
- DO WE BECOME UN-CLEANSED? 1 John 1:7
- UN-WASHED BY HIS BLOOD? Rev 2:5
It is ridiculous to say a believer is not kept saved until the day of redemption. Please look carefully at what you are saying about the truth of all these verses that are applied to believers.
Please, I ask you in all fear and trembling at God’s Word, and by Christ and Him Crucified for us, don’t just skim these things, but look them up, one by one, then thank God for each thing, He as done for you. You will not be sorry.
These are provided for you to look up and see if these things are so…
- WHO WILL UN-REDEEM YOU WHEN CHRIST HAS DONE IT? Rom 3:24; Gal 3:13; Titus 2:14; 1 Pet 1:18-19
- HOW DO WE BECOME UN-DELIVERED? 2 Tim 4:18; Col 1:13
- WILL HE UN-CIRCUMCISE YOUR HEART? Col 2:11
- NEXT, WILL GOD UN-ADOPT YOU WHEN BELIEVERS WERE PREDESTINED TO THAT ADOPTION? Eph 1:5, Rom 8:15, Gal 4:5
- THEN WILL GOD UN-BLESS YOU? Eph 1:3
- HOW DO WE GET UN-SANCTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD? Heb 10:10, 14, 1 Cor 6:11; 2 Thess 2:13; Heb 10:14; Heb 13:12-13
- HOW DO WE BECOME UN-PERFECTED FOREVER? How does forever become temporary? If we become un-perfected, is it eternally or temporary, so he can perfect us eternally all over again? Listen, eternal, everlasting, forever regarding salvation, does mean forever…. Heb 10:14
- CAN WE BE UN-JUSTIFIED? Rom 3:26-30; Rom 5:1, 16-18; Gal 2:16, Titus 3:7
- HOW DOES ONE BECOME UN-GLORIFIED? Rom 8:30
- WHO WILL MAKE US UN-ANOINTED? 2 Cor 1:21; 1 John 2:26-27
- WHO CAN UN-SEAL US? A SEAL GOD HAS PUT UPON US? 2 Cor 1:21-22, Eph 1:13; Eph 4:30
- UN-CREATED OR UN-CREATURE? Do we become an old creature again? 2 Cor 5:17
- UN-BAPTIZED FROM THE BODY? 1 Cor 12:13; Eph 4:4-6
- UN-BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH? Rom 6:4; Col 2:12
- CAN YOU BE UN-QUICKENED? Eph 2:1,5; Col 2:13, 1 Pet 3:18
- WILL WE BECOME UN-RISEN? (When we were risen in Him?) Col 2:12, Col 3:1, John 6:40
- ARE WE UN-SEATED FROM HEAVENLY PLACES? Eph 2:6
- ARE WE MADE UN-CITIZENS IN HEAVEN? Phil 3:20
- DID THE LOST BECOME UN-FOUND AND LOST AGAIN? Matt 18:11; John 10:28-30, 17:12; 18:9
- WHO UN-PRESERVES US? 2 Tim 4:18; 1 Thess 5:23; Jude 1:1
- WILL JESUS UN-PREPARE THAT PLACE FOR US? John 14
- WHO WILL UN-DECLARE OUR NAME TO THE FATHER? John 17
- WHO WILL UN-CONFORM US TO HIS IMAGE WHEN ALL BELIEVERS ARE
- PREDESTINED TO THIS? Did God get the predestination part wrong? Rom 8:29
These are but a few of the things that happen when we are born again, please really pray and study regarding what you are telling others.
PLEASE REALLY PONDER THESE THINGS….
- IS OUR BURIED PERSON DUG UP? (After being baptized by His Spirit?) Rom 6:4, Col s:12
- ARE WE DEAD AGAIN? Passed from death unto life, and then back unto death? John 5:24; 1 John 3:14
- MADE A SLAVE AGAIN? Gal 4:6-7
- WILL GOD REMOVE HIS SPIRIT OUT OF YOU? Rom 8:9; Gal 4:6; Eph 3:17; Col 1:27
- WE ARE ONE FLESH, DO WE BECOME TWO? Eph 5
- WILL WE OR ANYONE REMOVE US FROM CHRIST’S BODY, HIS FLESH, HIS BONES? Eph 1:23, 5:30; 1 Cor 12:27
- ARE WE APPOINTED BACK TO WRATH? 1 Thess 5:8
- BROUGHT BACK FROM THE DEAD? Do we give CPR to to resurrect the old things that were PASSED AWAY? 2 Cor 5:17
- DOES GOD PASS US BACK FROM THE LIGHT INTO THE DARKNESS? John 12:46; Eph 5:8; 1 Thess 5:5; Luke 1:76-79
- WHO WILL TEAR JESUS OUT OF OUR HEART? Eph 3:17, Rom 8:9-11, Gal 4:6
- WHO WILL SNATCH US OUT OF HIS HAND? US?… John 6:28-30
- WHO WILL SEPARATE US FROM HIS LOVE? Rom 8:38-39
- WHO WILL STAND AGAINST OUR RULER AND DELIVERER? 1 Thess 1:10, Acts 7:35, Rom 11:26
- CAN THE PRAYER OF JESUS IN GOD’S WILL GO UNANSWERED? (For His Disciples and those who will believe — John 17)
- That Jesus is glorified in us
- That we will be kept
- That we won’t be lost
- That will we be kept from ‘the evil’
- That will be sanctified through His Word of truth
- That His joy will be fulfilled in us
- That we all will be one in the Father and the Son
- That we may be made perfect in one
- That we may behold His Glory
- HE DECLARED OUR NAME TO HIS FATHER ALREADY
When we believe…
- HE GIVES US ETERNAL LIFE – Rom 6:23
- We HATH/HAVE (echo: possess, held in the hand, to have to hold) ETERNAL LIFE. (I John 5:9-14; John 5:24; John 6:28-29, 35,36,40,47)
IS GOD ABLE OR NOT?
If God, foreknowing we would lose salvation, do you think He would take all that effort to do all these things, just to let us walk away? Just pray on these things.
ETERNAL? EVERLASTING? OR PROBATIONARY AND TEMPORARY?
We have either believed God’s testimony of His Son, OR we have made Him a liar.
If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. I John 5:9-13
God bless those who read here.